Monday 25 August 2014

Music Magic


In my opinion, one of the greatest gifts we have received from the Lord is the gift of music.  Whether it is to make music, appreciate it or listen to it makes no difference.  Music touches something deep and mysterious inside of my soul.  Music is the one universal language of all mankind.  It has the ability to unite people across the colour spectrum, across wars, across ethnic boundaries.  Where there are no words, there is music.  Music can inspire, it can soothe and excite.  Music is healing, and it can evoke long forgotten memories.  It can transport us to special times in the past and it can lift our spirits to soar with angels.
The medical profession is starting to use music as therapy for a variety of illnesses, as music can help to reduce stress and anxiety, helping to slow heart rates and even lower blood pressure.  Music has been found to be effective in helping people suffering from depression and even alleviating pain.

All through time, music has been the unbroken thread running through all of mankind, invisibly linking us all together.
I love this quote by Khalil Gibran: “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” 

I would like to share some of the music that I grew up with.  Still today, hearing this, it transports me back to starlight summer evenings, the sound of my parents talking on the veranda while this played softly in the background.  Pur musical magic!  Click on the link and enjoy it with me.


If you flutter by here, please tell me what music is your favourite memory.  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment