With Spring in the air it is as if everyone is filled with a new zest for life. We are eager to get outside and tend our gardens, start new projects and revamp our homes. Yet, we sometimes forget all about romance. Yes, you heard right, romance! When we are new to a relationship or just married, romance comes so easily, however, soon the everyday chores and running around covering all the bases, nudges romance off to the side and soon out of the door!
However, all is not lost, and with a little bit of imagination and effort we can rekindle those days of romance and roses when we felt giddy with love. Here are 5 ways to light those fires anew!
1. Each day for the next month, write down a reason why you love your partner. Put it in his/her lunch box or briefcase or jacket pocket where your partner is sure to find it.
2. Find an old photo of the two of you taken during those first days of being in love, enlarge it, photocopy it and have it laminated. Use them as placemats for the dinner table. It will be a constant reminder of the love you share.
3. After supper, when the kids are safely tucked up in bed, go for a moonlit stroll outside in your garden.
4. Once a week turn off the TV, the computers, all the phones, then light some candles and listen to all your old favourite music.
5. Say no to that quick peck on the cheek when you both go your seperate ways for the day. Instead, make that kiss count. The thought of it is sure to have him/her thinking about you all day long!
Try these few suggestions and any other wonderful ideas you may come up with for a month and you might just be pleasantly surprised by a renewed feeling of the old familiar "butterflies-in-the-tummy" in-love feeling!! Come on, give your love wings....
If you flutter by please share with us any of your ideas how to put the romance back into a relationship. I would love to hear from you!!