Wednesday 31 October 2018

Sunset Musings


As the sun sets on this beautiful October day, my mind wanders into far off places, into the far reaches of my mind.  I do not often wander there as it is easy to get lost in the mazes of my mind.  Those places that are full of questions about life and the many twists and turns it takes with each one of us.  It is a place of many What-If's, Maybe's and If-Only's.  It is littered with Why's and Imaginings of different pathways.  Most of these questions and musings have no answers.  What destinies might we have had if we went left instead of right?  We have no way of knowing.  We might take a wistful guess, but we will never know.

Every choice leads us along a path towards a certain destination.  When we choose the path we may have an idea where we are going, but until we finally arrive we do not really know what the road ahead may be like.  Often we encounter road blocks and detours and we may have to recalculate our direction.

Sometimes we would like to turn around, return to the start and try another route.  Sometimes we can, but often we find that the road back has changed and does not lead back to the same destination.  The one inescapable fact, however, is that we all have a choice to make, a road to travel.  Even not making a choice propels us towards a destination.

I am grateful for the way my journey has turned out, and I am thankful for the people I have had the privilege to travel with.  Despite the many turns, the uphills and gravel tracks the journey is an adventure and the people I have met are treasures in my memory box.  I will choose this path again if it means meeting these special companions again.  The journey is not only about the destination, no, in fact it is much more about the beautiful places and people along the way.  When we meet somewhere along the road, let us tarry a while, share a cup of coffee, tell a few stories and depart best friends.  May our journeys be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment