Monday 1 July 2019

Little Lessons - Be Kind


Today is what in our house we call a real Winnie-the-Pooh day, blustery!  It is cold and very windy and wet.  The clouds are moving past at quite a speed, and our spaniels are snugly tucked up in their bed, not even a nose is sticking out.

The first day of July, and the first day of the second part of the year.
I thought it would be a good month to share a few of life's lessons with you, and I will be very happy if this month you would also share a few of your own life lessons with us, or maybe some wisdom passed on to you by your parents or grandparents. I believe that the life lessons passed on to us by our ancestors are far more valuable than any inheritance.

One of the things which my mom had taught me was that if I cannot say something kind it is better to keep quiet.  I always try to keep this valuable lesson in mind.  The times I have regretted most are the times I forgot this lesson.  The husband of a friend of mine says that sometimes we knock the guard in front of our lips out and we quickly get in a few ill advised words before he comes to!  I have to hang my head in shame, I am sometimes guilty of this, are you?

I think I need to put this life lesson in a spot where I can be reminded of it regularly:

IF YOU CANNOT BE KIND, BE SILENT.

Have a blessed day, enjoy the sunshine in your part of the world, and if you are in my part, wrap up warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment