Tuesday 5 March 2013

Tuesday Art-Tickles


Art-Tickles is for those of you who enjoy art and the process of it.  I love all aspects of art, and often experiment with new ideas or try something new and challenging.   Every first Tuesday of the month I will post a challenge and I'll share with you the art I made for the challenge.  Feel free to share your art with me too on the web/blogsite where your art can be viewed, or post your entries on my FB page :  http://www.facebook.com/charri.hart  .If you are not a 'friend' yet on my FB page you will first need to send me a friend request before you will be able to post.  I am looking forward to your entries. I would love to hear from you.

To take part or comment, simply scroll right down to the bottom and write your comment in the white comment box and click on "publish".

5 March 2013

This month's challenge is "Like Van Gogh".  Any medium may be used, the only requirement is that you do it in the style of Vincent van Gogh.  Entries are to be posted between now and the 31st of March 2013.  Post your entries on my FB page :  http://www.facebook.com/charri.hart  .If you are not a 'friend' yet on my FB page you will first need to send me a friend request before you will be able to post.  I am looking forward to your entries.
Here is my first entry for this month,  Oil on canvas.

Vincent Willem van Gogh was one of the most important painters of the modern era. His influence is still seen centuries later as his painting techniques are repeated on the canvases of today's most successful young artists. Van Gogh's stormy life and sad death are the inspiration for many books, song lyrics and movies.

At 25 van Gogh served two years as a preacher in the coal mining community of Borinage, Belgium. His brother, Theodorus van Gogh, was a protestant preacher. The people of Borinage were very poor and Vincent tried to minister to their spiritual needs , but was not very successful. His first noteworthy painting, "The Potato Eaters," depicts the difficult life in Borinage.
Van Gogh wrote over 800 letters during his life as he suffered from a compulsive writing disorder known as hypergraphia, and is associated with temporal lobe epilepsy, that he is said to have suffered from.

Vincent Willem van Gogh was given the same name of his stillborn brother, and was born exactly one year later.



No comments:

Post a Comment