Wednesday 1 April 2020

Lock-Down, Day 6 - Good Night


Today was not such a good day for me.  It is as if the light was a little dimmer, my sighs a little heavier and the air a bit thicker.  Of course I am feeling so guilty about this, as my life is filled with  wonderful blessings.  My family and friends are all healthy, everyone in my household is well and we have a home and all our needs met.  Yet my heart is feeling just that bit heavier than normal.  I am usually a "find the silver edge" type of a person, eternally positive and optimistic, so what is up?  I am not quite sure.  Maybe it is all the sadness in the world, the constant awareness of people suffering the world over or maybe it is the shadow of fear in the back of my mind.  A fear that I do not want to even give words to.  Have you ever felt like this, or are you maybe feeling like this at this very moment?  Then I want to reassure you, as well as myself, that it is okay to feel like this.  It is okay not to always feel on top of the world, it is okay to sometimes feel as if you want to hide somewhere away from all of this. I am reminded of this verse in the Bible:

Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with His feathers; under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and rampart.

The Lord understands our uncertainties and our worries.  He knows about our unspoken fears and He hears the prayers we do not even have words for to whisper.  He promises to cover us with His feathers and He promises us a refuge with and in Him.

It is okay to be silent, to be still and gather yourself.  It is often in this silence that we can hear the voice of the Lord clearer, and He says:

John 14:27 (NKJV)

 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
When you go to bed tonight, do not be afraid, find refuge in the knowledge that the Lord will never forsake you, and be still in His presence.

Good night, dear heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment