Wednesday 26 September 2012

Today is a Good Day......

Today is a beautiful spring day.  The air is crisp and clean, with just a gentle breeze flipping through my hair.  A new day, full of promise and expectations. 
I opened the door to savour the beauty of the morning, when the next moment our two excited Spaniels stormed in, leaving a trail of muddy footprints all over my freshly washed tile floor!  Their happiness clearly written in the muddy zigzag pattern.  They love this beautiful day too!
Looking at the happy mesh on the floor, I asked myself a question, that I now put to you.  What will my footprints say about my walk today?  Will it be a reflection of my talk?  Everyday, no matter how carefully we tread we leave footprints behind, we leave a calling card in the hearts of everyone we encounter throughout our day.  Where will my footprints lead those who follow them?  Will they lead my children to waters of rest, guide people to see the sunny side of life, show the lost the way to the Lord?  Will I leave footprints with long strides that tell of joy and purpose, or will they be the shuffle steps of negativity, the heavy tread of despair?
Everyday is a beautiful gift, another day to celebrate, another opportunity to dance.  Grab this day, this moment with both hands.  Look at the butterflies, how they rejoice in the new season, their lives a short moment, a little comma in life's essay, but they flutter here, there, everywhere with zest. 
When you look back at your life, let it be full of dancing footprints, in a mad and messy zigzag pattern that shout out to all that you lived every moment like a butterfly.  Yes, indeed, today is a good day to be a butterfly!

If you flutter by here, I wish you joy and blessings.  Please feel free to comment.  Just click on the words "no comments" or "1 comment " and follow the link.  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment