Sunday 14 January 2018

Restore...Renew Week 2, Day 7: Breathe


Today is the end of our second week of my program "Restore...Renew".  How have you been doing?  Are there any of the steps which have worked for you?  Have you decided to incorporate any of the habits or ideas in your daily routine?  Jane messaged me that she has joined a gym, the first time in ten years!  Angie sms'd me to let me know that she had discovered the benefit of getting up earlier and having a proper breakfast.  She says she feels more alert and by ten o'clock she does not feel the need to binge on everything in sight.  How about you? Please let me know, either by posting here or sending me a private message, I would love to hear from you.
Today I want you to make a point of watching the sunset even if you have to get on the roof (be careful) to see it. Take ten to twenty minutes just to relax.  Breathe deeply and savour the moment.  Notice how the sky changes from yellow to pink, orange, red, purple and let it sink into your soul.  Forget for those precious few moments of all the stress, all the things you still have to do before Monday morning.  Ban any worries about the week ahead from your thoughts and just enjoy this time, just you and the sunset, the miracle of nature.  Let the calm of the twilight hour fold its blanket of peace around you and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment