Friday 19 January 2018

Restore...Renew Week 3, Day 5: Refresh


Goodness!  Another week done and dusted.  Well, today is a great day to do a bit of cleaning.  Today I want you to clean your computer.  Get rid of all those unnecessary e-mails.  There is so much information out there, and if you are anything like me, I am sure you suffer a bit from FOMO!  I sign up for anything that has anything to do with the topics I have an interest in.  In fact I get so much mail from all the websites I have subscribed to, that I do not have the time to get through a fraction of them.  The result is that they are clogging up my mailbox and cluttering my life.  It is time for a serious computer "Spring" clean!
It is estimated that an average person spends approximately thirteen hours a week reading e-mails and answering them.  It means that over 600 hours a year is spend just responding to e-mail and it is further estimated that 50% of those e-mails are of a very low priority. It is time to put in the winnowing fork and separate the essentials from the junk.  I will have to be ruthless.  Do you have this problem too?  Well, it is as easy as pushing a button.  The 'unsubscribe' button.  Scary I know, but if you are subscribed to a website and have not read the mails coming from there in two weeks, the chances are good that it is not essential to your well-being, your work or your education, so, unsubscribe today.
Be brave, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment