Thursday 18 January 2018

Restore...Renew Week 3, Day 4: Sign up!


Today is the 18th day of this brand new year.  How are you doing?  And all those New Year resolutions? How are they going?  By now most people have given up on about 90% of their intentions for the new year, and are back to saying tomorrow or when I have time or maybe next year, etc etc.  I myself are not a great supporter of new year resolutions, but rather favour the bucket list option.  I am also a fan of choosing a word for the year and trying to live it out in my life.  This year my word is Today.  Today is important.  I will do today what I can, with what I have, where I am.  Well today I want you to think about that one thing you have dreamed of doing for a long time.  Maybe you have been meaning to study further, or learn a new language?  Maybe you have been thinking about taking art classes or taking up cake decorating?  Some of you might have considered signing up for dance classes or getting involved in community service.  Make a list of all the things you would like to try or learn.  Write it all down even those things you might believe you are too old to do, or fear people might ridicule you.  Give each item a score out of ten, ten being the thing you would most like to do despite any misgiving you may have and 1 the thing that you may like to do, but if you don't that is fine too.  Now, very important- choose the one thing on your list you want to do most of all and DO IT!!!!  Don't put it off any longer, sign up for it today.  Don't over-think it, just do it today.  Do it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment